Sunday 11 May 2014

Oh so good!

As readers of my cross stitch blog will know, in fact probably be bored to the back teeth with, I am almost at the end of my degree.  11 days and counting, if we are being exact!  This means I am furiously writing my final assignment.  However, when I write assignments I like to have a selection of chocolate to hand to aid the thought process.  Clearly that was not going to be an option for this one though so I got the next best thing.  A huge plate of fruit.  It was de-lish...apple, grapes, raspberries, strawberries and I added a banana after I took this photo.  (Would rather have had the chocolate though in all honesty).

In the background is a little water bottle which has our first sweet peas in.  Sweet peas?  In May?  In the UK?  Unheard of!


Well tomorrow is WI and I am not expecting a good week.  My periods are normally every 17 days but this time I went 24 days.  I have felt bloated and horrible all week so have stayed away from a sneaky peek.  I know that if I look and I have put any on that I will just say sod it for the week and eat for England instead! So it's fingers crossed for tomorrow!

5 comments:

Brita said...

I'm surprised and proud that with the stress you are under right now you did not reach for the chocs - I know I would have!
Don't dread WI too much. What's to be is to be and you will be feeling much happier and relaxed once the next 11 days are behind you. Time enough to tackle to your weight then as long as you don't overdo it just now.
*hugs*

Jo said...

You are doing so well getting back on track. I lost 4 1/2 stone with ww, but over the last two years gave put at least 3 back on. I'm still in denial about the maths. I was in the process of re-focussing before Easter and they cancelled my meeting. I went to Canada, put on 8lbs, went back to one meeting ( an earlier, less convenient time) and they cancelled that one too. So now I'm without a meeting and have been feeling pretty glum. This blog has perked me up no end. If you can do it, maybe I can too. I'm off to find another alternative meeting :)

PS, I lecture, and am marking final degree assignments. That also usually requires lots of chocolate, but your fruit platter looked delish!

blue star stitcher said...

Wishing you a good weigh in today, and that the bloating has gone down by now. Great choice on the healthy snack, I love having a healthy bowl of cut up fruit to pick at.

Dani - tkdchick said...

You made the right choice! Yay!

Best of luck at the scale! I try not to be bummed when I get that monthly weight gain but its hard. Do your best drink lots of water!

Krista said...

I am glad to have come across your lighter side blog again. Your posts are so inspiring! I used to be a WWer and have had success when my mind was right for it. I have been thinking of joining again online and see what the newest program is all about. Congrats on all the losses! :)