Monday 14 July 2014

WI 14th July 2014

After a good week, I lost 3.5lbs which I am pleased with.  I have managed to eat around 7-10 portions of fruit and vegetables each day for 5 days this week.

I have also signed up for Swimfit which is a free swimming programme with workouts for you to follow.  I am starting with the 'Health' programme and my session 1 will see me:

  • swim for 3 minutes using any stroke to warm up
  • hold a float in front and kick using any stroke for 4 lengths
  • swim 8 lengths using any stroke
  • swim for 2 minutes using any stroke as a cool down.
Apparently the equipment I need to take with me is - a costume, towel and goggles.  A costume?  Seriously? I'm so glad they told me that one!

The session is apparently going to take 15 minutes - yeah right!

The question is though, with my current fitness levels do I repeat session 1 until I can do it in 15 minutes or do I do that and then move on to the next session?  Some sessions are really hard and if I move too quickly, I may not be able to cope with them.

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

WAY TO GO! Awesome weigh in!!!

I say stick with session one until YOU are ready to move on! There's just no point in moving on if you are going to not be able to do it or feel like a failure cause you can't.

Exercise needs to be somewhat enjoyable. I say somewhat because there's days I love my workout and days I hate it.

I like the idea of this swim program!