Monday 21 April 2014

Couch to 5K

The NHS do a podcast thing for couch potatoes to turn into elite athletes.  Well maybe not quite but able to run 5K without requiring oxygen at the end of it.  I do not exercise, in fact it is almost a swear word in my life.  However, that is about to change!  I have downloaded all the podcasts to my phone and will be starting this tomorrow night.  I don't think that I will be able to jog for one minute without stopping so will be trying 30 seconds at first.  If I can do that then I will up it to the minute and see.  Should be interesting!

6 comments:

Denise said...

30 seconds is better than 15! Any movement is better than none. Not having the chocolate is better than eating the whole bag. You are strong. You are able to do this!

blue star stitcher said...

I am a long time runner, and I still run/walk. My favorite quote is "no matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch!". Just remember it gets easier.

Justine said...

My sister-in-law has been using this very same programme and is amazed at how it works! Well done on making the decision to get healthier.

Rhona said...

Doing something is better than sitting on the couch....you can do it! Good luck!

Denise SA said...

I do wish you all the luck in the world with your weight losses I win cheer you on and maybe it will rub off on me and I can lose some weight too.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Remember everyone has to start somewhere. You may only be able to run for 30 seconds now but someday you and I will run a 5K race together!