Thursday 24 April 2014

Thursday

Today's sneaky peak at the scales shows that I have lost 1.8lbs so far this week.  As anything is better than not losing, I am happy.

So far I haven't managed to get out and do the Couch to 5K at all.  I have walked to the different places I have needed to go though so that is good.  I wonder whether sitting, trying what to think of to write for my assignment uses many calories...lol.

One thing I am doing in the house just as a 'move more' exercise is to run up our stairs rather than walk. Anything is better than nothing!!

Just wondering what to do for tea tonight.  I think I might nip to the shop and get some eggs and mushrooms for a mushroom fritata.  It's quick and easy to make, delicious with a salad or some new potatoes which are probably the main reasons I like it.

Thank you to everyone for the inspiring comments and the support and encouragement you are giving me.  It is really appreciated and will help keep me going  :)


2 comments:

Brita said...

You are making me hungry again - can I come shre your fritata? My dinner was chicken sweet'n'sour with a huge side of tomatoes.
Congrats on your success so far!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm playing catchup here! I agree any movement is better than none! Sometimes I think that's the up side to drinking lots of water you have to get up and go to the washroom frequently!!

Running is quite the commitment. The first time I started running I just did it on my own, walked/ran in intervals that was comfortable for me. I've tried to do C25K several times and I've never gotten further than week 6 before I've stopped or had a setback. The last couple of weeks I've just started doing my own thing again and its making me happy. I really hated listening for that dinger to tell me to start and stop running. I like deciding how long I run for and when I feel ready to run. I think I'm actually running further/longer this way. Also I'm thinking while I'm out there on my favourite trail instead of focusing on that run or walk interval. I'm just going.

Oh you naughty girl I never take a sneaky peek because my scale and the big bad white box and weight watchers never give me the same number. Downward movement is always good even if its just 0.2 lbs!