Saturday 19 April 2014

Welcome to Shebafudge - The Lighter Side

In June last year I started trying to lose weight with Weightwatchers.  Now I have been overweight for 20 years so I am not expecting it to all drop off overnight, would be nice but unrealistic.  Between June and Christmas I managed to lose 55lbs (3st 13lbs in English) but 55lbs sounds like more!  I put on 8lb over Christmas and New Year, quickly losing that plus an extra pound and a half to get to 56 1/2 lbs, or just over 4 stone.  Since then, I have lost all motivation and just stuffed my face with anything that wasn't nailed down.

Then last Monday, I had a reality check.  I hadn't been to Weightwatchers for several weeks and knew I had put on weight as I could no longer put on my grey trousers and breathe at the same time.  I weighed myself and weighed in bang on 19st.  There is no way on this earth that I am going back to where I was when I first started  but that is where I was heading before I weighed myself.  I went back to WW that evening and tried to get back to it.  The first 3 days were really hard.  My PP allowance is 39 and the first 2 days I ate 63 and 54 PP respectively.  However, I was totally honest with myself and tracked every mouthful that went in.

I have managed to track EVERY single thing I have eaten this week and it has got easier as the week has gone on.  I am having a sneaky peak every morning to keep me on track and motivated.  So far on my scales I have lost 6.6lbs this week.  I am really hoping that is the case when I get back on the scales on Monday (fancy having WI on a Bank Holiday!)

So my first mini goal is to get back to where I was for New Year - well just after.  I want to get back to 17st 8 1/2lb.  Hopefully I will be well on the way to that this week!

If you can recommend any sites to visit or good blogs to keep my motivation high, please comment!

4 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Welcome to the weightloss blogging world! Getting back on track is the hardest thing. I keep slipping but I figure if I do it over and over again eventually I'll get to a place (mentally) where it will stick!

Poppypatchwork said...

Good luck, we all suffer from excess weight

Brita said...

I'll certainly follow you and see how you keep up. I'm not overweight (although not far from it either) but I do have health problems that make it advisable to keep a sharp watch over my weight. About five weeks ago I started keeping a food diary and have found that it's very important to be really honest with myself - and not to judge what I record. There will be ups and downs and getting myself down over the ups is so not worth it.
I'm proud that you managed to track really everything you ate. It's the hardest step there is.

ricketyjo said...

The very best of luck with it... I think once you get used to the diet changes it'll be a little easier...I remember the year I had to cut out wheat, yeast, sugar, and most dairy... hard to begin with until you find good foody alternatives. I'm going to be behind you all the way and I'm excited for you to reach your mini goals and the big one... you can do it!!